Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"I just love you. I just wanna go to the rooftops and scream: 'I love my best friend, Evan.'"

Me: I'm going write a blog post about Olivia Bass and Yaya all in one!
Yaya: This is a good idea.
Olivia: It's cosmic. Write about how pretty we are.

I absolutely adore Olivia and Yaya. Olivia further proved this theory by just now singing Best Of Both Worlds. You don't meet people like these two everyday and if you ever do, be extremely thankful.

I'm not going to go on and on about them as you just need to meet them to understand what amazing people they are. But I will talk just enough about them to make them feel loved.

I will start with Jackie also known as Yaya. She is the photo editor and takes absolutley amazing photos. Every time I would peek over an editors shoulders and see an amazing picture, it was always taken by Yaya. The type of pictures you see and immediately feel envious, even going as far as to question your own ability to take photos.

Besides her incredible talent, she is always there for you. There were times I couldn't take photos during a certain period. Usually 6th period, and you can't exactly skip Chemistry. And no one was willing to help, ever. There was always some pitiful excuse but it's understandable. No one wants to do someone's dirty work. But then there was Yaya. She was always willing to help. Of course it would take some convincing, the consistent "You're pretty" usually got it done. And of course I was always extremely thankful, she had saved me again.

And then there is Olivia Bass. She is the boss and will push out every ounce of work in each and every one of us, until the book is, well was, done. But in reality, she is possibly one of the nicest people I have ever met. She is funny in her own Olivia Bass way and never fails to tell me I'm weird. Thanks Bass, I appreciate it. I like to believe it's her way of saying she loves me. Lets put it this way, Olivia likes to 'Boop' me on the nose Superbad style and then not let me do the same.

My Yearbook experience wouldn't have been the same without either one of them. Both of them have inspired me, as cheesy as it sounds. If I am ever editor-in-chief, I hope to be half as good as Olivia was. And I hope one day to take a photo as remarkable as one of the many Yaya has taken.

By the way, I only like them because they are pretty. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment