Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today."

I soon realized a perk in Yearbook was getting to miss class to help out. My first experience with this was Picture Day. By then I hadn't really bonded with anyone and we had barely started working on articles. I was still slightly terrified of the seniors or maybe I just thought they were weird, regardless I wasn't close with anyone. But this was my opportunity to miss a class or two and retake my photo!

I came after math class, as missing Mr. Reid's class was a no-no. The whole class was either sprawled on the floor or animatedly talking at the table. I was sent to position the kids in lines and kept quiet. Basically the job no one wanted. Of course there was drama, as this was Yearbook. Something about Chicken Kitchen. Honestly I don't remember. It wasn't exactly legendary.

In reality it was a fun day. I made my first friends in Yearbook and laughed more than I thought I would. I re-took my photo 3 times and of course the last photo was the worse. The one that will be in the yearbook. But that's besides the point. It was my first taste of being a yearbook staffer and something I will remember for a long time. It made me realize that everything was starting to fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment